The 202MKVII is an easy-to-handle, good sounding dual-well cassette deck for professional use in karaoke bars and sports centres, yet also for town halls, civic and community centres, schools or libraries. It can also serve as a reliable audio storage or backup solution for authorities like police departments or civil defence thanks to the proven long-term stability of tape and the additional option of USB output for digital backups on a computer. The unit offers excellent sonic performance due to a wide frequency range.
Both decks in the 202MKVII can record, so you can actually make two masters of the same source at the same time. RTZ function and a repeat playback feature are provided, and you can increase or lower the pitch and tempo while playing back for Karaoke or sports applications. A microphone input on the front panel makes spontaneous recording (solo or mixed with a line level source or a cassette) convenient. There is also a pre-listening function that helps you preparing the next song on one deck while the other deck is playing. And of course, you can use the two decks for cassette dubbing at normal speed.
If you still value audio cassettes as a reliable and inexpensive recording medium, the Tascam 202MKVII is a modern, practice-oriented solution at a truly affordable price.
- Two cassette decks in one unit
- Both decks can record and play back
- Parallel recording on both decks
- One-way IC logic transport control with excellent stability and durability
- Supports Normal, Chrome and Metal tapes
(Type I, Type II, Type IV)
- Normal-speed dubbing capability
- Noise reduction function (playback only)
- Pitch control (±12 %, Deck 1 only)
- RTZ function (Return To Zero)
- Repeat playback (A–B section, stops after 20 repetitions)
- Microphone input with seperate level control for Karaoke and announcements
- Mix recordings can be created with a microphone and a line-level source or cassette playback
- Unbalanced RCA analogue audio inputs and outputs
- Digital USB output for backups and archiving on a computer (audio recording software is required in order to record sound on a computer)
- Power-on playback/recording (Timer function – requires an external timer switch)
- Headphones output with level control
- Dedicated wireless remote control included
- 19-inch, rack-mountable chassis (3U)